Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lotte World.




It has taken me a few days to write this as I am still recovering from the weekend. Last weekend involved some serious hours on a bus, waiting in ques and watching Hapkido.


Saturday; Following an early start, we took a bus (crammed full of Hapkido 'goers', mostly primary school aged) 5hrs + to the capital of South Korea, Seoul. We were heading to Seoul to watch a Hapkido tournament.


Hapkido is a traditional Korean Martial art that Paul and I have been participating in since June (I shall have to dedicate a blog to such things to inform you all further).


Once we arrived in Seoul and as the competition was not until the next day, Master Sim presented us all with tickets for Lotte World (A huge indoor theme park-the biggest in the world- and outdoor theme park)..... ah the Korean way to assume everybody wants to do/eat/drink the same!

Lotte World Entrance
 Well we arrived at Lotte World, just in time for Christmas, yes it is definitely Christmas there. A little early you may say, but no, it was actually great! From the grotto like interior to the fake snow and tacky Christmas souvenirs- I felt a little warm and festive inside.



'Happy Christmas' Its what they say in Harry Potter apparently.

Lotte Outdoors-Magic Land



Lott World Indoors

Ears of all variety's a necessity in theme parks here.



For both sexes.




Also we made it just in time for the Christmas Parade and what a delight it was:



Almost all the performers were foreigners.

Obviously Koreans aren't that into it.











This little one was clapping away excitedly!



She was a lil unsure of what to make of it all.




However, Lotte World on a Saturday is oh so very busy and in the 5 hours we were there we managed to get on 2 rides. One of which was infact a short 3D movie shown from the perspective of being a cat. The effects were amazing, but really an hour in a que to walk around a scary house as a...cat. Hmm...


The other was this:


Look at them faces!

Maybe half the full height.
 It dropped so fast you were unable to breath, which I quite liked as I'm not a fan of screamers on rides, although given the chance I may have let a small squeal out!


Just because no one should be deprived of an insight into the 3D cat movie:



Just some words of reassurance and guidance.

So glad we waited.


We did manage to eat some Mexican-esque food, Hodak (Korean pancakes with brown sugar and crushed nuts inside-delicious!) and I found pick and mix in Korea. This made Tawny and I quite the happy folk, until we got to the till and realised its even more extortionately priced than back home!



Making the Hodak

Yummy Hodak.


While walking back to the meeting spot, joy of joys, the night parade started up, exactly like the day one but....with lights. Just when you think something can't get better! I am still a child, the dancing elves, trees and Christmas puddings made me ever so happy!

Magic Land by night.



Cute Little girl directing her mum for pictures-trying to get her to do a love heart here.

This horse could dance!



Lil better than our scooter













The most embarrassed guy/candle stick EVER




Departing Lotte World, Master Sim informs us people are staying in a Jimjibang (Korean Sauna's, with many pools and saunas about, clothes are not permitted, the sexes are divided and you sleep in a huge empty room on a heated floor for very cheap). However, as Chris's mum is over from America and a Jimjibang may be too much to handle so soon into her visit, we get to stay at a motel! HA, don't know about Chris's mum but I wasn't sure I was ready for such an event to take place (nude sleeping with strangers), yes yes I'm a prude, But I vow right here for all to see, I will try a Jimjibang whilst I am in Korea.


Oh gaud.


Anywho, we were up at the crack o' dawn the following day for breakfast (Korean stylee, boiled beef, egg, rice, kimchi). Now, beef especially of the boiled variety, is one thing I just can't stomach, even the smell, so at 7.30am there was no chance! Master Sim (and I'm sure others) were concerned as to why I ate only 'small breakfast, very important', no idea what the correct response to this is, I tried 'ah too much, very early for me', Master Sim just looked confused.


Back to the bus for us and...


Away to the Hapkido tournament we were...


A few pics of everyone's happy faces throughout the day to finish...

Some of the Hapkido kids and their master






Tawny got a lil hat




Chris won some lollipops



The master


No comments:

Post a Comment