Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A traditional Jolley Christmas in Korea!

I spent Christmas Eve prepping as much food as possible for the following day. This was mostly due to a fear of how I would ever cook so many different things in the smallest kitchen ever! That night we went for chicken and a coffee, we were hoping to meet people out for a festive drink but failed as I was pretty sick. Instead we headed home for galaxy hot chocolate with rum, delicious. At 12 o'clock it was time for the tradition of new pyjamas and as we are in Korea, we just had to have 'couples' ones!






Christmas arrived and I was sick. Whaaat.... devastating times. All Christmas eve I had felt like an elephant had slept on my head and although I was unble to sleep Christmas Eve it seems this had not stopped the elephant from climbing on board yet again! I refused to let this hinder my Christmas...


The day went something like this.....


Christmas Hats were Law:














Opening presents...






I like to put things on as I open presents




This is where it all went wrong, now my house is covered in BB gun bullets in every nook and cranny!


The Korean face mask, worn by most here, especially in Spring to prevent the 'yellow dust from China' from getting in.


Cooking Dinner for 6, pretty Stressfull...



Roast potatoes 


BBguns while I cook....










The feast.....


Chicken, pigs in blankets, roasties, mashed orange and cinnamon carrots, broccoli, stuffing, gravy, delicious!
s....
Handmade Crackers with presents, jokes and trivia...
Caspar got a glasses cleaner




The table display...






The evening ended with Christmas cake and Ice-Cream, board games and drinks.....








We also time shared skype throughout the day with interactions taking place between, South Africa, England and Wales. My mum also sang two Christmas carols to everyone, quite painful to the ears and I got to watch my family open all their presents which was glorious.


Christmas in Korea was actually wonderful, I was dreading it in a way as Im just a baby. However, we kept things traditional, a good old christmas dinner, presents, Christmas Hats, Board Games, Christmas music, Lots of Drinks and good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment